Skip to main content

Get Help

What to expect if you decide to work with the CHC advocacy service to raise a concern about NHS care and/or treatment.

We have complaints advocates who can use communications toolkits and have access to interpreters. We can provide information in a way that suits you. We can provide information in different languages, large print, easy read and audio format.

Please let us know what you need and we will do our best to help.

Your right to complaints advocacy

By law, people who wish to complain about the care and/or treatment they receive from the NHS are entitled to free, independent and confidential advocacy services to help them make their complaint.

However, you may wish to send your own complaint directly to the relevant NHS organisation.  Links to the relevant web pages can be accessed as follows :

Hywel Dda University Health Board website
Welsh Ambulance NHS Trust website
Public Services Ombudsman for Wales website

If your complaint relates to a health board other than Hywel Dda or a GP, NHS dentist, pharmacist or optician we can provide you with the contact details for that organisation.

Read more on How we can Help

Hywel Dda Community Health Council, Suite 5,1st Floor, Ty Myrddin, Carmarthen, SA31 1LP. 
Phone: 01646 697610 Email:

Hywel Dda Community Health Council welcomes correspondence and telephone calls in Welsh,
and that communicating with us  in Welsh will not lead to delay